Friday, February 15, 2008

You Get What You Pay For

As most of you know, Ed and I are a little "spend-thrifty". We both get this from our parents, and for the most part, it has served us well. BUT, sometimes saving a couple bucks doesn't exactly work out for you. I give you our latest example:

I received this horrible haircut the other day for the bargain price of $7.99. We received two $7.99 coupons in the mail for Great Clips and thought since we were both in need of a haircut, we would head over to the local shop for a cut. Now, I have had my haircut at one of these places before and been pleased with it, so I'm not totally down on the Bargain Salon. But I guess I should have figured that my number was up. I told the woman (who was very nice and we even had a great conversation while she cut my hair) that I wanted my hair to rest on my shoulders when dry and that it needed a little bit of layering cut into it since it is naturally curly. There was obviously a little communication breakdown somewhere along the line because she totally chopped my hair. I can barely get it back to stick some clips in it, which is what I am now doing on a daily basis to avoid looking like Orphan Annie. Here is how I wore it yesterday:

Ed was very pleased with his $7.99 haircut. But he also just had her buzz it with the same number guard all over - not too much room for error!
So, will I ever go back to one of these places again? Well, of course I will because I couldn't bear to pay $30-$50 for a haircut when I know there's a coupon in the drawer for $7.99! :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Leah,

Actually I can't tell what she did wrong. I think it looks very nice. The great thing about having curly hair is that you can't notice mistakes. I'm sure if you dry it straight it will look just fine. I think it's cute.

karla

Renata said...

Well, I didn't see anything wrong with it either, but if it's a pain to maintain, I totally understand. Hopefully the pregnancy hormones will accelerate the growth. But, if it makes you feel any better, I once went to a new hip salon for a haircut. The stylist and owner had done my friend's hair for years and it always looked good. I think I had been there once before, but I was ready for a change. I told him what I thought I'd like, but I gave him room for some creativity. Big mistake. It ended up looking like a granny cut! It was a big waste of 40 bucks.

Anonymous said...

Looks great to me.

Josh and Donna said...

well, i can understand if you're not very happy...but i personally think it looks cute!

Krista said...

Must have been the week. I went for a haircut too but made the supreme mistake of telling the guy he could cut it how he wanted (he asked if he could). I'd been there four other times and he'd done just fine. Before I knew it, he'd whacked it off and now it's just a little past my ears! I came home and Josh asked where his wife was. I learned my lesson. Next time, I'm going to have my arabic down to be able to explain exactly what I want!

Anonymous said...

Hey Leah! I think you look great. Your baby belly is adorable too. Miss talking to you in person and I'm so jealous of all the snow you get to enjoy!
Margaret

Hollie Carson said...

I haven't read any of the comments yet, but I seriously cannot tell a big difference from the pictures that are posted. I mean, your hair just looks short, but it doesn't look bad to me.

Justin and Gi said...

Hey Leah,
Well, You are brave! I was going to post about my recent hair cut, but didn't have the nerve to show it on the internet...needless to say, Beth watched Katie, I went to a guy who was dressed up like count dracula on Halloween, he took 1 1.2 hours to cut it, telling me that he had also worked at the local "Doll House" in town, he straighened it until it was as straight as an arrow...when I got home and was able to play around with it wondering what was wrong with the cut, I realized that the reason that I didn't like it was because he cut it like a MULLET!
Yep, even Beth and Justin agreed...I have been growing it out since!
But from one curly hair to another, I understand your pain!!!!!
:)
Love, Gi