Friday, August 13, 2010

Fly on the Wall Friday

If you were a fly on our wall this week, you may have heard the following:

Overheard as Samuel was playing in the basement:
"They're checking out their new house. It even has a microwave! Now we can pop popcorn!"

----------------------------------------------

Samuel and I were looking at our friend Christina's blog and her pics of her family at Disney World. When he saw a picture of the kids with Tigger he said:
"Something tells me he has a bounce in his tail."

----------------------------------------------

Me: Samuel, stop pestering Joel.
Samuel: I wasn't pestering Joel. I was just pestering myself.

----------------------------------------------

Samuel, bringing me a toy gun and a marker: Mom, can you write my name on Joel's gun?
Me: Why? (I notice that the gun clearly has JOEL's name on it)
Samuel: Because I can't find MY gun.

----------------------------------------------

I am getting Samuel ready for his last night of Super Hero Vacation Bible School. All the kids are suppose to dress up like super heros. I am trying to talk Samuel into wearing a cape made out of some fabric from my extra sewing stuff. I am extoling all the benefits of said piece of fabric. He finally says to me:
"Actually, I think I'll just wear my blanket as a cape."

No comments: