Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Praise God!!!

Hi all! Such good news to share with you all. The doctor took the tube out this morning and I have made it all day without getting sick. I think I'm turning a corner! Praise God!!!

As long as I make it through the evening and night okay, I can start on sips of water in the morning and then move on to a tray of clear liquids. If I can keep that down, I get to keep moving up the tray 'food chain'. The doctor thinks I will probably get to go home on Friday night. I am SUPER excited.

Thank you, seriously, to everyone who has been praying for me. God heard your prayers and really gave me the strength to endure the past few days. I hope to have more good news to share tomorrow!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God indeed! I talked to Carol tonight and received a good update from her also. Let's hope the swelling has completly gone away and the healing has begun. Take it very EASY...no taking back steps now. I can almost hear the pepsi can opening now.
Sending my love and prayers, Aunt Karen

aje said...

Yes, Praise the Lord for a good report! Keep us updated!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful - Praise God! Keep it up girl you are going to get there. Can't keep my mind off of you. Love you!
Aunt Peggy

Tamara said...

I am so glad to hear that you're doing better, Leah, and that they were able to remove the NG tube! I've been praying for you and will continue to do so as you work toward a full recovery. Blessings, Tamara