Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Ingenious

When we re-did our main bath, we took out a cabinet with drawers and replaced it with a cabinet that just has a big underneath area. It looks a lot better, but it left us with nowhere to keep all of our toiletries. Well, Ed had a great idea that has worked out so well. I bought a 24 slot over-the-door shoe organizer and we hung it on the back of the bathroom door. We put all of our toiletries in there and they are right where we need them. How handy!

Here is a little peek at the new shower curtain and towels I put in the bathroom. You can also see the WHITE tub that used to be yellow. Ed and a friend re-painted it with a special kit you can buy at Menards/Home Depot.

3 comments:

Christy said...

I like the shoe organizer idea. A little tip though you may want to put razors, scissors and medicines in the top spots though. For some reason kids are fascinated with scissors and like to try and cut their own hair or their siblings hair. Just a suggestion, I know your boys are young yet but it won't be to long.

Hollie Carson said...

Leah,
I did the same thing (with the shoe organizer) for my sewing closet about a month ago. I have wanted to post pictures too of my closet-clean out, but just haven't gotten to it. Yours looks grreeat!!! Isn't it sooo nice!

Unknown said...

Christy,
Thanks for the tip - all of the meds and scissors are WAY out of the boys' reach. I had Samuel in there with me when I put everything away so I could know what he could reach. Even with his bathroom stool, all the no-nos are too high.

Hollie,
I love the idea of using these for crafts. My mom did it with all of her craft punches - I just thought of that when I read your comment. I love thinking of new purposes for old things!