Thursday, October 30, 2008

So Long Betty

So as some of you may know, I am pro-breastfeeding. I attended La Leche League meetings in Wake Forest and Mill Valley. I haven't been involved with LLL here in Chicago, though, which is ironic since it started here. Well, Ed called me from work tonight to let me know that he saw an obit of interest today in the paper. One of the founders of La Leche League passed away this week. To me, that is sad. To Ed, it was occasion to crack a joke. He wanted to know:
1. If everyone was going to fly their bra at half mast.
2. If I was going to wear a black bra tomorrow.
3. If I was going to pour out a little breastmilk on the ground to pay respect.
He said he had more, but I told him that was good enough.
The boys are both thankful for the work of LLL. Here's Joel right after paying his respects this afternoon:

5 comments:

Hollie Carson said...

Hahahaha! hilarious. I mean, the jokes, not her passing away.

Renata said...

That's a sweet tribute.
It is really incredible how LLL started. It is very inspiring. They weren't trying to become a national organization. They just wanted to help their community. They commemorated 50 years last year. I have a video posted on my infant feeding history blog:
http://infantfeedinghistory.blogspot.com/2007/07/video-la-leche-league-50th-anniversary_26.html

tenjuices said...

i believe i said express some breast milk onto the ground, not pour.

Anonymous said...

How 'bout a 21 breast salute?

Will she be "cream"ated?

I could go on all day....

dave

Krista said...

I love it! Josh would say the same exact thing! It's been great catching up on your blog since being gone. We're starting potty training Wednesday. I love that you and Hollie have just started too and I can learn from you. If you have any more potty-training wisdom to share, PLEASE email me!!