We took the 50 minute ferry ride from Larkspur to San Francisco on Saturday. It was A LOT of fun. The views are awesome. And, I've learned that I no longer desire to ride on a sailboat on the bay. I've seen the boats out there and thought "wow, that would be so cool." Then we saw them up close and realized that they are hanging on for dear life out there. We saw one that was so close to sideways we thought they were going to tip over. A little too adventurous for us! We will stick with the ferry rides. We took a streetcar from the ferry building down to Fisherman's Wharf and had crab cakes and clam chowder in a sourdough breadbowl. Yummy! Enjoy the pics:
1. This is Mount Tamalpais. We are learning that everyone around here just says Mt. Tam. You can see this from our apartment.
2. This is a sailboat and the GG Bridge in the background.
3. Samuel and I posing in front of San Quentin Prison. Not a bad view for spending life in prison. Our brother-in-law told us that Charles Manson is in this prison. We didn't see him, though. :)
4. The Bay Bridge and the City on the right.
5. Arriving at the Port of San Francisco.
6. Apparently there is no shame in the moniker "Land of Fruit & Nuts".
7. The Ferry Building.
8. Ed posing in front of the business district.
9. Samuel enjoying a bite to eat down at Fisherman's Wharf.
10. Samuel putting on a show on the ride back to the Ferry Building.