Friday, January 28, 2011

Fly on Grandma's Wall

The boys and I are at Dave and Corliss's house for a long weekend. Here are some of the best tidbits so far...

Joel: Sammy, come over here so I can hit you!

-------

(this one requires a definition. A "couch" in our family is made when you are lying in bed and spooning. Someone's "couch" is the space between your chest and knees. I have no idea where it started, but it's something that Ed and Samuel talk about.)

Sam and I are in bed last night...

Me: Come here, Sam. Do you want to get in my couch?
Sam: You don't have a couch, Mom.
Me: What do you mean? I have a couch.
Sam: No you don't. Remember, Mom? They ripped out your intestines and now you don't have a couch.
Me: Oh, okay then. Goodnight.

----------

Sam: Joel, the Bible says "don't hurt one another." And the next thing it says is "God's Word's says be kind to nuth awoner."

This is only our second day here, so I'm sure there will be more. I'll keep a list.

p.s. there may be an ad at the end of this post. I'm trying to figure out something with Google Adsense. Sorry if this is annoying.

No comments: