Saturday, March 01, 2008

Reflecting on Having a Newborn

As the arrival of Baby #2 approaches, I've been reflecting a lot on Samuel's first days. Ed and I lay awake at night and talk about how small he was and how sweet he was. A lot of times we can't believe that God has blessed us with another life to take care of. We cannot wait for this baby to arrive. To jog your memories of Samuel's first days, here are some pictures I pulled up from August 2006:

Holding Samuel that first day. I couldn't get over how tiny he was

This is our favorite photo of Ed and Samuel on his first day of life

Home from the hospital and ready for our first trip out. We took Samuel up to Dr. Sailhamer's class when he was two days old.

The bouncy seat swallowed him up that first week.

My least favorite memories of Samuel's first days. We had a go-around with the pediatrician about his jaundice and ended up having to get a Bili light in our house. I was so upset during this time about all of it. But I did learn a lot about myself and the fact that I am my child's main advocate.

Only another 4 weeks or so until this little baby descends upon our home. The big question? IS IT A BOY OR A GIRL?!?!

2 comments:

Josh and Donna said...

i vote GIRL!

Michelle said...

What's amazing is that you won't really realize how big Samuel is until the new one gets here. I remember seeing James after Samantha was born and all I could think was "How did he grow up so fast?" Like I knew he was getting bigger but it didn't hit me that he wasn't "a baby" until she got here!