Monday, May 28, 2007

Being a Payne

This is the first of a few posts I have saved up...

Ed's family was in this weekend for graduation, and we had a great time doing all sorts of fun things around Raleigh and Durham. On Saturday, we went to visit the Duke Gardens in Durham. After walking around the gardens, we all settled down on the picnic blanket I had brought. Ed had to go to a meeting, so it was just me, Samuel, Ed's mom and dad, and his brother Andrew. I looked up from playing with Samuel and realized that everyone was asleep:


At first I thought, how strange. But then I let my mind do a little wandering, and I realized this was just part of being a Payne. Look at some of these photos I found in our archives:


Holding Park, October 2006



Carolina Beach, October 2006



Duke Gardens, May 2006



Duke Gardens, October 2005

(BTW - notice Ed is wearing the EXACT same outfit - but I promise you the photos are dated 7 months apart)



So I suppose the Paynes have their ways, and Samuel will need to learn to live up to his name. For the time being, however, he isn't so easily convinced to curl up and nap:

No comments: