Monday, March 05, 2007

Home Again

We are back home in NC from a short trip up to Indiana. We visited with Leah's mom and dad, brother and grandma. And we saw a lot of friends from Fort Wayne - I didn't have my camera, so I'm waiting on pictures from my mom. The downer of the trip was that we all three got a pretty nasty cold. We are almost all better now. Ed had some reading to do to catch up for being gone. Samuel thought he would get some reading in as well. Here they are:


Samuel also got a big boy high chair to use once he starts eating more solids. Remember that I posted pics of him eating cereal? Well, the little thing has decided that he doesn't really want to eat solids now. So we have backed off for a little while and will try again in a week or so. But for now, the high chair is a new play area:



4 comments:

Margaret said...

Leah we have got to talk! Meredith was eating cereal (not much though) and then decided she doesn't want anything! I mean she won't touch food. She acts like I'm torturing her when I try to feed her. We've backed off too. Attempting solids is the most stressful thing I've had to do so far!

Hollie Carson said...

Wow...after reading Margaret's comment, I don't know what else could be more stressful than nursing. Now, every baby is different and Laney was NOT a good, consistent eater. After three months of giving her the benefit of the doubt, I had to make a decision b/c nursing and then pumping afterward was wearing me out(not including the emotional part.) I pray that the transition to solids is much easier than my experience nursing. Samuel's smile looks JUST like yours Leah in that picture of him in the high chair. How cute!!

Renata said...

Good for you! Wait until he is ready and you will be really thankful. Do you make your own or do you buy the food?

Unknown said...

Renata,
I have tried packaged rice cereal and oatmeal cereal. Also, canned squash, sweet potato & banana. I tried mashed fresh banana once too. Nothing seems to be of interest to him. I plan on making my own once he gets into it. Someone recommended www.wholesomebabyfood.com to me.